Terms and Conditions
TICKETING TERMS OF SALE AND PURCHASING CONDITIONS (October 2023)
Sydney Fringe Tickets (a subsidiary of The Sydney Fringe Incorporated ABN 16 393 987 277), a contracted party of Sydney Spiegeltent.
TERMS OF SALE. Sydney Fringe Tickets is contracted to provide ticketing services for Sydney Spiegeltent. Please read these Terms of Sale prior to purchasing a ticket for any event presented at Sydney Spiegeltent.
By purchasing a ticket to Sydney Spiegeltent, you represent that you have read and understand these Terms of Sale and Purchasing Conditions, and any additional terms and conditions imposed by Ferve (ticketing services platform) and displayed to you during the booking process.
By purchasing a ticket on behalf of someone else, you undertake to inform them of these Terms of Sale and Purchasing Conditions and any other terms and conditions imposed by Ferve (ticketing services platform) and displayed to you during the booking process.
“Event” means a concert, show or other performance at Sydney Spiegeltent for which Sydney Fringe Tickets sells tickets.
“You” means the person acquiring a ticket or seeking to attend an Event and
“We” means Sydney Fringe Tickets.
1) Booking Fee. A single, non-refundable booking fee of $4.95 (GST inclusive) will apply to each booking purchased with a credit card or debit card online, over the phone, in person, or at Sydney Spiegeltent Box Offices (regardless of the number of tickets purchased).
2) Card Fee. A variable non-refundable credit card fee charged at the Merchant facility, ArtsPay, rates will be charged on bookings over the value of $80. For bookings totalling less than $80, the card fee will be incorporated into the Booking Fee.
3) Payment. Sydney Fringe Tickets accepts Mastercard, Visa and Amex for online and over the phone transactions. Sydney Spiegeltent Box Offices accept Mastercard and Visa only. No cash is accepted as payment for tickets at any point of sale.
4) Refunds. There is no right of refund on tickets. Before purchasing tickets, carefully review the event date and time details. A change in personal circumstances or if you did not enjoy the Event or venue does not entitle a ticket holder to a refund on a ticket.
5) Exchanges. Ticketholders are eligible to apply for an exchange of their ticket/s within the same season of an event, up to 72 hours prior to the performance at a fee of $2 inc GST per each ticket. Applications to exchange can be made by contacting email@example.com and will be subject to availability.
6) Cancellation. In the event that an Event is cancelled, Sydney Fringe Tickets will provide a refund of the ticket price to all ticket holders. Please note that the Booking and Card Fees
are non-refundable. Sydney Fringe Tickets will credit your original method of payment. If an Event is cancelled, Sydney Fringe Tickets is under no obligation to arrange a substitute
Event. We will not be responsible for any expenses incurred or to be incurred by you, for example travel, car parking, childcare, accommodation or other goods or services, if the Event is cancelled. You should consider whether insurance is appropriate for your circumstances.
7) Lost and Stolen Tickets. Sydney Fringe Tickets reserves the right not to process a refund and offer an exchange for lost or stolen tickets.
8) Seating. Despite any seat number on your ticket, we do not guarantee you any particular seat. If we need to allocate a different seat to you for operational reasons, including a change of venue or arrival after the start time of a production, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure it is in a location of comparable value to the seat number on your ticket.
9) Pricing. We make every effort to ensure pricing is correct, but we reserve any rights we may have to correct genuine errors.
10) Concessions Holders. If the event has concession prices listed, holders of valid concession cards (Pensioner, senior, student, unemployed) are eligible for concession price tickets. You may be asked to show your valid concession card when purchasing, collecting, or using your concession tickets.
11) Delivery Method. Sydney Fringe Tickets only issues E-tickets. This requires customers to have an email address. Please ensure that you have checked your spam folder if you have not received tickets to your inbox.
12) E-Tickets. Your E-Ticket ticket is your ticket to the event. The ticket is delivered as a QR code in a PDF attachment. Your E-ticket ticket can be printed or presented at the venue on a smart phone or tablet.
13) Ticket Resale and authorised platforms. Sydney Fringe Tickets does not have an authorised resale platform for tickets. Sydney Fringe Tickets may from time to time use third party agencies to onsell tickets, these include ShowFilmFirst and TodayTix. If you are unsure if a sale platform is genuine please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets may not, without prior written consent from Sydney Fringe Tickets, be offered as a prize or used for advertising or other promotional use.
14) Venue Conditions of Entry and Latecomer Policy
a. Admittance to the Event will be subject to the policies of the Sydney Spiegeltent.
b. The performance will begin at the advertised time. Late arrival may result in non-admission to the Event, or forfeiture of your original purchased seat.
c. Sydney Fringe Tickets will not provide a refund for the purchased tickets if you are refused entry to a venue, if you are late, or for any other reason.
d. Upon entry to a venue, ticket-holders agree to be photographed for promotional use by Sydney Spiegeltent. It is also a condition of entry to a performance that no recording or photographic devices are used. This includes mobile phones, which must be switched off prior to the beginning of the performance.
e. Professional cameras, video cameras and other recording devices are not permitted.
f. Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased from Sydney Fringe Tickets or other authorised points of sale.
g. If other conditions apply, they are displayed either in the box office or near the entrance to the venue.
h. Some or all our Venues may use CCTV.
15) Show Content. Unless a performance is categorised as a children or family show, content may not be suitable for all ages. For more information on show content, please review the specific performances details on www.sydneyspiegeltent.com. If you are unsure, please contact email@example.com to check prior to purchasing your tickets.
16) Under 18 Policy. Please note that some productions in the Sydney Spiegeltent calendar may have age restrictions. Specific restrictions will be clearly articulated (where applicable) on the event page at www.sydneyspiegeltent.com for each production.
17) Program Details. Every effort is made to ensure program details are correct, however program details are subject to change where necessary and without notice. The Sydney Spiegeltent website (http://www.sydneyspiegeltent.com/) will provide the most up to date listing of event information.
18) Revisions to advertised program. The right is reserved to add, withdraw or substitute artists, performers or events, vary ticket prices, and/or vary advertised programmes, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
20) Liability. The Sydney Fringe will not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury to the extent arising from your negligent acts or omissions, any pre-existing medical
condition, your breach of these terms and conditions, or your reliance on reviews and opinions about Events and performers. You should make your own further inquiries before deciding whether an Event is suitable. You are responsible for your personal possessions such as bags, mobile phones and other items you carry with you. Our liability to you in relation to tickets is limited to the obligations specified in these Terms of Sales and Purchasing Conditions.
21) Modification and Amendment. We have the right, at any time and without notice, to add to or modify the terms of the Term of Sale and Purchasing Conditions, by posting such amended terms on the Sydney Spiegeltent website. Your access to or use of the website after the date such amended terms are delivered to you shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of such amended terms. No modification made by you shall be binding upon Sydney Fringe unless it is made in writing and signed by the Sydney Fringe.
22) Force Majeure. If the performance of any part of the Terms of Sale and Purchasing Conditions by either party is prevented, hindered, delayed or otherwise made impracticable by reason of any flood, riot, fire, judicial or governmental action, labor disputes, act of God or any other causes beyond the control of either party, that party shall be excused to the extent that it is prevented, hindered, or delayed by such causes.
23) Severability. If a clause or part of a clause can be read in a way that makes it illegal, unenforceable or invalid, but can also be read in a way that makes it legal, enforceable and valid, it must be read in the latter way. If any clause or part of a clause is illegal, unenforceable or invalid, that clause or part is to be treated as removed from these terms, but the rest of the Terms of Sales and Purchasing Conditions is not affected.
24) Governing Law and Forum. The Terms of Sales and Purchasing Conditions are governed by and must be interpreted in accordance with the laws of New South Wales. The parties must unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
25) Goods and Services Tax. A party must pay GST on a taxable supply made to it under this Agreement, in addition to any consideration (excluding GST) that is payable for that taxable supply. The party making the taxable supply must provide a valid tax invoice to the other party at the time that the other party is required to pay the GST. Terms used in this clause have the meaning given to them in the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999.
26) Exclusions. These terms apply to events sold through www.sydneyspiegeltent.com website via the Ferve tickets platform (from 25 October 2023) and transacted via the ArtsPay merchant facility. Events not bound by these terms, include but are not limited to; Mansion, Witch and Rouge – ticketed prior to 25 October 2023 through external ticketing provider Ticketmaster.
If you have any queries regarding purchasing tickets for Sydney Spiegeltent events, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
'Ferve Tickets' (Ferve Tickets Pty Ltd ABN 41 074 903 085) operates a system for event ticketing on behalf of Sydney Spiegeltent ABN 16 393 987 277 the 'Event Organiser'. Any and all issues or claims relating to sale and/or purchase of tickets and the provision of associated event(s) are the sole responsibility of the Event Organiser and Ferve Tickets (or any subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, directors or employees) have no liability for any claims. Ferve Tickets is not liable for any loss or damage arising from the purchase of this ticket. Ferve Tickets cannot exchange or refund this ticket nor associated fees, please contact the Event Organiser with any queries. Ferve Tickets has no obligation to provide a refund or any other financial compensation if an event is cancelled, postponed or substantially altered by the Event Organiser, in which case you should contact the Event Organiser directly. Purchasing tickets constitutes your acceptance of this agreement.